- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or butter.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 tsp lemon peel or lemon juice.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F . Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. If using butter, then cream butter and sugar, then add egg and milk. Mix in with flour mixture. Add the lemon juice. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
I actually had to use Baking soda instead of baking powder, courtesy my hubby. Grocery shopping does not come very naturally to men:). Some online research solved the problem and i replaced milk with yogurt to get the desired effect.
The second time around I changed a few things to make them a bit healthy. I used half all purpose flour and half whole wheat flour. And i reduced the butter and sugar to half the original quantity and added 1/3 cup honey. And i didnt put the crumb topping so it looked more like a cup cake.