- 2.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour or bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 2 tsp butter melted
- 1-2 tsp oil
- Mix the yeast in warm water and combine with honey and 1 cup all pupose flour.
- Mix the salt in the whole wheat flour.
- Slowly add the whole wheat flour and 2 tsp melted butter to the yeast mixture and make a dough. The dough should be slightly sticky to ensure enough moisture. Use oil on hands to work with it. Place in a well oiled container.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth or plastic wrap and keep in a warm place.
- After an hour, punch the dough down( a difficult task as the dough will be stickier now) and place in a greased bread pan.
- Keep the pan in a warm place till the dough doubles in size. Mine looked like a balloon stuck to the top of the pan:)
- Bake at 350 degress for 15-20 minutes. You will know when it is done by the amazing bread smell that fills the kitchen!
- Cool on rack for 10 mins. Brush melted butter on the top to keep it soft. Slice when cooled.
Enjoy!! We had the fresh warm bread with some butter and olive oil! Amazing!