I got some rye flour the other day and looked up some rye bread recipes. Most recipes had caraway seed as an ingredient. I am not a fan of caraway seed, so i added a mix of caraway and cumin seeds.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1.5 tsp active yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Warm the water to about 110 defrees F.
- In a large bowl mix the yeast and water.
- Add in 1 cup whole wheat flour, salt, sugar, and spices and mix well.
- Add in the rye flour and mix well. Add more water is needed.
- Add in the rest of the whole wheat flour and knead into a soft dough.
- place dough in a well oiled container, coevered in a warm oven for about an hour.
- Knead the dough and make into a long loaf and place on baking sheet.
- Let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes