- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of asofetida
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 or 5 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a large wok, heat the oil and add chopped onions and chopped serrano pepper to it.
- Cook the onions on medium heat for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Add in the spices(fenugreek seeds, turmeric, cumin seeds, garama masala, bay leaf and asofetida) and mix well.
- Add in the garlic and ginger as well and let them cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the onion mix to a blender.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the blender and blend.
- In the same large wok, add the blended puree and let cook for 5-10 minutes until the puree thickens and starts to leave some oil.
- Add water to the puree to achieve desired consistency for the curry and add in the hard boiled eggs(slit into half)
- Let the curry come to a boil with the eggs in it.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro leaves, with Naan or basmati rice!
Pictured: Chewie and me (shadow) on a sunny day!