Breakfast of the day: buttered Roasted garlic focaccia and Blueberry bread with strawberry syrup.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic roated and then mashed
- 2 sprigs of spring onions chopped finely
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Warm 1/2 cup of water to about 110 degrees.
- Add sugar and yeast to it. Mix well and let stand for 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Add 1 cup all purpose flour, salt, oregano, pepper and mix well.
- Add in the mashed garlic and spring onions and mix well.
- Add the rest of the flour in 1/2 cup batches to make a soft dough.
- Place dough in a well oiled container, covered, in a warm oven and let rise for an hour.
- Knead the dough well and pat it down to make an inch thick rectangle.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet.
- Brush the olive oil on the dough.
- Using the back end of a wooden spoon, make dimples in the dough.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese.( i dint have parmesan so did not use it this time)
- Place the baking sheet in the oven on center rack.
- place a pan of hot water on the bottom rack.
- Let dough rise for another half an hour or until doubled.
- Remove water pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or till the top starts to get golden.
- Remove the bread and cool it on wire rack.
- Enjoy with olive oil or use to make panini sandwiches!.
- To make roasted garlic paste: Toss peeled garlic cloves in olive oil and Bake the garlic in foil at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until brown and starts giving the roasted aroma. Remove from oven and let cool before mashing or making paste.
This one is headed for Yeastspotting.