Kulfi is a popular frozen dessert from India. Most common flavors are Pistachio, Cardamom, Saffron and Mango!Heres a Strawberry recipe! I made Kesar(saffron) Kulfi before and pondered upon the thought of using strawberry in the recipe..
Well i tried it and was scared that the milk will curdle, so i made strawberry syrup and added it and also did not add enough for an all strawberry taste, but it was still a success and was gobbled up before i could take a picture!
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk or 2 cups whole milk simmered and reduced to 1 cup
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup strawberry syrup( 1/2 cup strawberry puree boiled with 4 teaspoons sugar) I am going to try with 1 cup next time.
- Grease a pan with ghee/butter and cook the 2 cups milk on low heat stirring frequently.
- Once the milk is reduced to about half its original quantity, add the cardamon and mix well.
- Add the condense milk, and bring the mixture to a boil stirring constantly and scraping the sides.
- Let the mixture cool, then add the cooled strawberry syrup to it and mix well.
- Transfer it to small plastic cups and cover the cups with foil.
- I put it all in one big container and covered with foil.
- If you have Popsicle sticks, you can fix them into the cup through the foil.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Enjoy this indian dessert any time of the day! A definite hit this summer!
I will put up pics on the next batch and also update the recipe if it turns out better with more strawberry!!