Of course I had to use strawberries again.. and this time its a mousse. A ton of cream and some sugary tangy strawberry makes up this fluffy dessert! I will try mango mousse next.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup strawberry puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons strawberry gelatin mix
- 6 teaspoons water
- sliced strawberries for garnish(optional)
- Mix the strawberry gelatin in boiling water(6 teaspoons)
- Keep mixing for 2 minutes and then let it cool.
- Puree fresh strawberries with the sugar to yield a cup or if you have some puree already then blend the strawberry puree and sugar.
- Mix in the puree mix into the cooled gelatin mix.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks are formed .. took me 10 minutes.
- Add in 1/4 cup of the puree mix into the whipped cream and mix gently.
- Add in the rest of the puree in the whipped cream and distribute evenly and gently.
- Pour this mixture into individual cups or one big container.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours before serving.
- Serve with some fresh sliced strawberries!