A tastier and fluffier version of the older gobi bread (with baking powder) recipe
- 1 cup all pupose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 1 cup chopped or pureed cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic mashed or pureed.
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 2 tsp oil
- Puree the cauliflower and garlic with some water.
- In a large bowl, warm the puree and milk and add yeast to it.
- In another bowl mix the salt, pepper and spices into the all purpose flour.
- Add the flour to the yeast mixture and mix well.
- Continue adding wheat flour to make a soft sticky dough.
- Place dough in a well oiled container and cover the container with plastic wrap.
- Place container in a warm place till dough doubles in size(1 hour).
- Knead dough again with some flour if needed to help reduce the stickiness.
- Place the kneaded dough in a well oiled bread pan.
- Place bread pan in warm oven for another 30 minutes,
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- Cool on rack before slicing.
- Enjoy with cream cheese, spinach dip, or as a subsitute for rotis with dinner!