So we got tons of strawberries this weekend. Time for some strawberry cakes, breads, shakes, tarts!
- 1/2 of white cake mix Or 1.5 cups all purpose flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups fresh strawberries pureed.( frozen can also be used)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 package (1.5 ounce) strawberry flavored gelatin
- Sliced strawberries for decoration
- Chop strawberries and add 2 teaspoons sugar. Keep them for an hour before pureeing.
- Sift the white cake mix, flour and baking powder together. Sift 2-3 times for good results.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter, sugar and eggs. ( In another variation, i creamed 1/2 cup butter with the sugar and then added eggs)
- Add in the pureed strawberries and gelatin.
- Blend in the flour mix to form thick consistency using 1/2 cup milk at a time.
- Pour batter in a 9 inch cake pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or till inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack before slicing.
- Serve with fresh sliced strawberries and a strawberry shake!