I tried some green tea in muffins this time and I like the flavor. The muffins got a bit over baked and hence a little tough, but otherwise very tasty! The picture has my hubby trying to grab one during the photography session!
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 green tea bag boiled in 1/3 cup water and then cooled.
- 2-3 tablespoons yogurt
- 1/2 cup mango juice or nectar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger grated
- 1 Tablespoon powdered brown sugar
- Sift or mix well all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients at room temperature, except ginger and brown sugar and mix until just about incorporated.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture in a greased mini muffin pan.
- Sprinkle grated ginger and brown sugar on the top
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm!
Orange Cranberry and Cardamom muffins below..
Similar recipe with orange juice, orange zest, canned cranberries and a teaspoon of crushed Cardamom.