This one is similar to the Ricotta Olive oil bread . The bread has Feta cheese and more herb-ed olive oil.! As with all breads with cheese, the texture is dense. I am not a big fan of raw feta. So this bread was an instant hit for me, because it had the taste of feta which was not overpowering and the olive oil and herbs complimented it really well.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup feta crumbled
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup herb-ed olive oil ( the oil has some balsamic vinegar, rosemary, basil,chives, thyme )
- 1 packet quick rise yeast (1.25 teaspoons)
- Warm the water and add the yeast and sugar to it and mix well. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Grease the mixer bowl and add the dry ingredients. Give them a good mix.
- Add the cheese, oil and the yeast mixture and knead for about 8 minutes in batches or 2-3 minutes. Or knead by hand for the same amount of time till a nice soft non sticky dough is formed. Add more flour or water if needed.
- Place dough in well oiled container. Spray cooking oil on its top and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let it rise for an hour in a warm place.
- Punch the dough down and knead for a few seconds.
- Make a loaf out of it by pulling on all sides and tucking it under.
- Place tucked side down in greased bread pan.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 degree F for 40 minutes or until nicely brown on the top.
- Cool completely before slicing. I usually slice it after keeping it in the refrigerator for a few hours for nice and clean slices.
- Enjoy warm or toasted and dipped in olive oil. It tastes heavenly with some olive oil! And one of friends 1.5 year old daughter loved it, and she is quite fussy about eating bread! :)