Starting off June with some soft pull apart Dinner rolls! May has not been very kind to my health , but I am trying to get the energy back up and get back to baking some fun breads and rolls.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 cups water
- Warm 1 cup of water, add sugar yeast and 1 cup bread flour and mix well. Let it rise for an hour and refrigerate overnight. You could use it directly after the hour as well.
- Keep the yeast mixture out for about an hour to get it to room temperature.
- Grease the mixer bowl, add 2 cups bread flour, 1 cup wheat flour, salt and mix well.
- Add in the lightly beaten egg, olive oil and the yeast mixture and knead for 3-4 minutes.
- Add more water and wheat flour if needed to get the dough together into a non sticky soft ball. Knead in batches of 3-4 minutes with scraping in between.
- Make small balls of the dough. Take each ball and pull on all sides and tuck under and place in a greased round pan close to each other.
- Spray the tops with water and then oil spray and cover the round pan with a kitchen towel and let rise for an hour.
- Remove towel and Bake at 360 degrees for 20 minutes or until the rolls start to sound hollow.
- Remove rolls from pan and let cool a bit before pulling them apart and devouring them with some softened butter or herbed olive oil!