Hubby got super bored with all the wheaty heavy breads... so heres some super fluffy light white daily sandwich loaf! I ran out of butter, you can sub olive oil with butter. Though the oil also makes the bread as soft! This one is headed to this weeks YeastSpotting!
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2-3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg (Wilcox Cage Free)
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 packet quick rise yeast (1.25 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Warm 1/4 cup water and add sugar and yeast to it . Mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Grease the mixer bowl and add in 2 cups bread flour and 2 cups all purpose flour and salt. Mix well.
- Add in the oil , orange juice, water and yeast mixture and knead for 10-12 minutes( batches of 3-4 minutes and then scrape the bowl and wait for the mixer to cool a little if too warm)
- Dough should be soft and pliable and non sticky.
- Place dough in well oiled container, covered with plastic wrap in a warm place for 1.5 hours
- Punch dough down and knead for a minute. Shape into loaf by pulling on all sides and tucking under. Use flour on hands to avoid dough sticking to hands.
- Place loaf in well oiled bread pan and cover with a damp kitchen towel. Let rise for half an hour. Bake loaf at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing. I usually place the cooled bread in the refrigerator for half an our before slicing with an electric knife for nice and clean slices!