I had to finish up some regular organic yogurt. I made these sweet pull apart rolls. They are sweet rolls with honey and chocolate chips. To veganize it, use vegan yogurt or soy/almond milk. These can be shaped into small individual buns as well!
These ones are quite nicely stuck to each other for lack of space in the round pan.:)
One Year Back: Potato Loaf (Vegan and super yummy
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/3 cup hot cereal grain mix(7 grain)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 teaspoons active yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Boil the water and add the hot cereal grains to it. Cook for 5 minutes.
- When the mixture cools to a warm state, add in the yeast, sugar and honey and mix well. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add in the flours, salt, yogurt, oil and cinnamon powder and knead into a soft dough.(knead 5-7 minutes)
- Place dough in well oiled container for 2 hours where it can double, spritz top with water and cover with heavy towel or plastic wrap.
- Take dough out, add chocolate chips (more or less acc to your chocolate liking:) and knead for a minute. Use a little flour if needed.
- Make balls out of the dough and place an inch apart. on greased baking tray or a greased round pan.
- Spritz top with water and cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 -30 minutes until the rolls sound hollow.
- Cool on rack for an hour before pulling the rolls apart or slicing.
- Hubby was a bit iffy about these because the chocolate chips make the rolls feel very silky and soft and dissolve easily, but the whole grains sometimes jar you out of the silky ness because they need some extra chewing:) If you have a similar problem, leave out the whole grain mix.
- These go well just as is, with tea, coffee or hot chocolate.!