TGIF Cookies! So why cookies again.. well, I am trying out a few and perfecting them so I can have some for snacking and serving! to hypnotize people into trying animal free food using these magic cookies ;) .After this I will try some muffins and cakes and then food/granola bars!
I make a small batch so we use it up and I can make some more fresh ones. To make larger batches, increase the wet ingredients and add 3 or 4 times the dry ingredients till the mixture is gooey. Its better to have a gooeyier and wetter mixture than a dry one, because the dry mixture will yield hard cookies.. These cookies can be made gluten free. Use gluten free oats and substitute wheat flour by gluten free flour ( gf all purpose, rice flour or any other of choice)! Did I mention that almonds have heart healthy fat! :)
Quinoa is an amino acid rich protein seed, and is also a great source of magnesium, iron, copper and phosphorous!
Ingredients: 6-8 cookies
- In a bowl, mix the flax meal and hot water and let sit for a minute.
- Add in the room temperature almond butter, vegan butter or oil, sugar and mix well by hand or by hand mixer until the mixture feels light. The almond butter I used was store bought and it takes a while to mix up. Mix and let sit for a few minutes and then mix again to work that almond butter. I used spoon and woman hand power for the mixing!
- Blend/grind the quinoa to a coarse flour along with the baking powder.
- Add in quinoa, oats, salt, cinnamon powder and lemon juice and a little wheat or rice flour and mix till just about combined. Add in more oats and flour if needed to get gooey muffin mixture kind of consistency, Or a very sticky dough. If you added too much flour or oats and the mixture looks like a stiff dry dough, then add in a teaspoon oil and/or lemon juice to make it gooey.
- Oil hands or tablespoon and pick up tablespoon full dough, drop them and flatten on parchment paper. Thinner the better.! Its hard to work with the sticky mixture, so I usually dont make round balls.:)
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes(add minutes depending on the thickness of the cookie). The cookies should not be runny or liquidy when done.
- Take cookies off baking tray and cool on rack for a few minutes!
- Store in airtight container for a week or so. Let me know how yours turn out!
- Have a fun Week! 230+ likes on my Facebook page, Nice!!Please like and share if you havent yet! :)
Crunch Yumm Yumm! Heading to Deesert Bloghop.