A simple light pasta dinner! I made this for a quick dinner some 2 weeks back. We had some organic juicy cherry tomatoes from a local farm.. the last of the fresh ones of the season! so the tomatoes were getting added to everything.
My parents left 2 days back and the house feels so empty.. and I feel so perennially hungry.. hungry for sugar! I think its the hangover from all the sweet consumption in October.. I should bake up some salty crackers for some non sweet munching to keep the craving under control! but instead I baked up carrot cake muffin tops/whoopie pies.
Also baked up some glutenfree trail mix granola bar, which is already resting in our tummies.. And soon I will want to make truffles, liqueur and chocolatey fun and ingenious things ;) to put in gift baskets! ok..lets get to todays pasta...Cook the soba as instructed, throw in some pesto and grilled veggies and serve up with a side baby greens salad drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. and we are done! Not all buckwheat soba is glutenfree.
- I started up 3 pans.
- Boiled water with a little salt in a deep pan and added the soba.
- Sprayed some olive oil on a grill pan and dropped the zucchini slices and sprinkled some salt. Turn them after 3-4 minutes.
- Added a Tbsp olive oil in another small one and added a clove of minced garlic and some cherry tomatoes and red pepper flakes and let them cook on low-medium heat till some of the tomatoes burst open. ( 3-4 minutes)
- Drained the soba and dropped on a plate. Topped with some pesto. I had some frozen cilantro pinenut pesto which I nuked a bit in the mircowave. You can skip the pesto and drizzle some EVOO.
- Topped with garlicky sizzling cherry tomatoes, grilled zucchini slices, red pepper flakes, some fresh or dried basil. Adjust salt and olive oil to taste.
- Served this with some vegan-buttered grape multigrain bread slices(recipe coming shortly) and a side baby green salad with olive oil and balsamic. Its a very flexible meal.. play around to your taste buds!