Vegan Mofo is not really over! There is a Iron chef challenge every second week of the month now and this week’s challenge is breadcrumbs!
I made these cute little baked potato tikkis/cutlets with leftover Chana masala, boiled potato, Breadcrumbs and spices!. You can add any veggie leftovers like beans, sweet potatoes, risotto, cooked quinoa, thick soup etc.
Just when you think things have settled, the amazing team at Mofo shakes it up! kudos to them for the whole october event and then keeping it going! These tikkis can be served as snack or breakfast or a light meal accompanied with the mini buns to make sliders and such!
Some fun patties posted before, Beet Oat and chickpea sliders, which were such cute and flavorful patties. These potato tikkis are similar but crunchy because of the breadcrumbs and cute little things!
And in case you missed the now famous Tiramisu Pancakes with cashew mascarpone posted 2 days back.. here is the link! and a teaser picture again! 😀
Ingredients: makes 12-14 small cutlets
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2/3 cup leftover Chana masala/chole or other not too wet veggie leftovers
- 2 slices whole wheat bread made into crumbs or use glutenfree bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup oats ground coarsely
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped or minced
- 1 chili pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala or other fave herbs or spice blend mix
- 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds (Ajwain, optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon or more rock salt (kala namak) or anardana powder(pomegranate seed)
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- Mash the potatoes and leftovers to get a well mashed mix.
- Add in all the other ingredients and mix well to get a non wet mix which can come together. Add more breadcrumbs or oats if needed.
- Taste the mix and adjust salt and spice.
- Form in to patties and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-25 minutes depending on size and wetness of the patty. till the outside is dry and golden. You can also shallow fry the patties.
- Serve hot with fave sauces, sriracha, or cilantro chutney, some side salad and a coffee or juice. You can also put these between mini buns and top with lettuce and some ketchup or miso mayo!
These cuties are headed to Ricki’s wellness weekend., melt in your mondays and hearth and soul blog hop.