So we've been trying to add more matcha green tea to our daily diet. It is supposed to have calming effect.. we'll know if it works ;)
Here are some funky green, soft, fluffy and yummy pull apart buns!
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1.5 teaspoons quick rising yeast
- 3 teaspoons raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons butter(vegan or regular)
- about a cup of warm water
- oil for greasing
- Add yeast to half cup of water and sugar and mix well. Let sit for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Grind/blend the oats and flax seeds into coarse flour and add to the yeast mixture.
- Add in the softened butter, flour, salt, cinnamon, cardamom and green tea and start mixing vigorously.
- Once the dough seems to come together, knead for 5-6 minutes to make into a smooth and soft dough, use some more water if needed.
- Place dough in well greased container(atleast double the size of the dough). Spritz top with oil spray and cover with heavy towel.
- Let dough rise for an hour or until it doubles.
- Take dough out and using a little flour make it into an long baguette shape. Cut small portions and shape them into a ball.
- Place balls an inch apart on a baking tray or a baking pan. Spritz top with water and sprinkle with some poppy seeds (optional).
- Spritz some oil and cover with heavy towel.
- Let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Remove towel and bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are all golden.
- Remove from container and let cool for atleast half an hour!
- Enjoy warm with butter or tea! This one is headed to Susan's Yeastspotting and Champa's weekly Bake off !