How to make Vegan Parmesan Cheese. Use Cashews, Pecans or Pepitas to make Dairy-free Parmesan cheese. Nut-free Vegan Parmesan Recipe.
Vegan Parmesan can be easily made with nutritional yeast, nuts or seeds of choice, a bit of seasoning, salt and garlic. Depending on the nut or seed used, you will need a bit more seasoning or salt. Taste and adjust and store in an airtight container for a month or 2.
I add some breadcrumbs for texture in some batches. Use more of the nuts instead to keepit gluten-free.
- ¼ cup Pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or cashews, almonds or pecans or walnuts or a combination
- 2 Tbsp bread crumbs, or gf crumbs or use more of the nut or seed
- 1 to 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp dry thyme
- ¼ tsp dry rosemary
- a dash of black pepper
- a good pinch of garlic powder
- salt to taste (depends on the nutritional yeast)
- Other flavor additions: a bit of ground mustard, and a good pinch of lime zest
- Pulse to a fine meal in a food processor. Pulse in 2 -3 second bursts. Taste and adjust salt and nutritional yeast for cheesier flavor. Store in an airtight container for upto a month and refrigerated for upto 2 months.