I got 2 Dulce de leche frozen Yogurt pints which are sitting in the freezer. Time for some of it to get used!
I also added some Agave syrup to the bread and got this mildly sweet slices of goodness. The caramel and agave hints come out when toasted and buttered or eaten with tea or coffee!
I have to get some whole barley and millet to add to some loafs! And I know all breads eventually start looking very similar:) time to try out some funky shapes!
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons active yeast
- about a cup of water
- 5-6 Tablespoons dulce de leche frozen yogurt (more for a sweeter bread) or use any non dairy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the yeast and sugar to warm water and mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- In a blender, dry blend the flax seeds and oats . You can use flaxseed meal as well.
- In the mixer bowl add the flours, salt and the oats and flaxseed and mix.
- Add in the yeast mixture, softened butter, dulce de leche and agave syrup.
- Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes, scraping sides every 2-3 minutes. add more flour or water in little quantities if needed.
- Place dough in a covered container in a warm place for 1.5 hours. Spritz the top of dough with some oil spray.
- Punch it lightly and shape into a loaf by pulling on all sides, or by rolling it out into a rectangle and rolling the rectangle from one side and tucking the edges under.
- Place loaf in greased bread pan. Spritz te top with a little oil spray and cover with damp towel.
- Place it in a warm place or warm oven for about an hour.
- Remove towel, spritz top with some water and bake at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and let cool for atleast an hour.
- I usually refrigerate it for another hour before slicing. The breads are usually quite fluffy and soft and refrigetation makes them a bit firm for nice and clean slices!
- Enjoy! This one is heading to Susan’s Yeastspotting and to Priya’s Cooking with Seeds event