Mango Beet Spiced Cooler. A delicious, refreshing and fruity cooler made with fresh mango, beets mint, cumin and honey. Vegan and Gluten Free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Mango Beet Spiced Cooler
- 1 medium mango
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium beet peeled and chopped
- 8-10 (8 ) mint leaves or dry mint or basil to taste
- 2-3 cups (500 ml) of water
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar or jaggery
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) rock salt kala namak or 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cumin powder
- In a pressure cooker or a deep pan, add beet, peeled chopped mango, mint leaves, salt, sugar, rock salt or lemon juice, cumin powder, and water enough to cover the fruit.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle, or boil for 15-20 minutes until mango is soft and cooked.
- Blend the mixture when cool and adjust salt, sugar and rock salt(rock salt adds a nice sour taste).
- Add more or less water according to preference. For super hot days, add more chilled water to get a watery version... quick rehydration! Keep it thick and smoothie like for a filling breakfast!
- Serve chilled topped with fresh mint leaves! Or add a splash of your favorite liquor !