Blueberry Apple Whole Grain Cake. Made with wheat and oats it’s moist and dense because of the thick fruit syrup. So delicious. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Hope you all had great weekend! I made some blueberry apple puree compote the other day, thinking of putting it either in a cookie or a granola bar.. but ended up making this wonderful cake out of it!
Blueberry Apple Whole Grain Cake. Vegan
- 2/3 cup (98.67 g) blueberries
- 1/3 cup (41.67 g) chopped apple
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar or jaggery grated
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cinnamon powder
- 3-4 tablespoons (3 tablespoons) water
- 1/2 cup (60 g) whole wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup (83.33 g) self rising flour or all purpose flour + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal or flax seeds coarsely ground
- 3 tablespoons Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon high fat oil I used virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- 1/3 cup (83.33 ml) warm water
- You can prepare the compote beforehand and keep. Blend the blueberries, apple, sugar and cinnamon in a blender into a smooth puree. use a little water if needed.
- Cook this puree on low heat till it thickens to a thick syrup consistency. about 15-20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add flax meal, vinegar, oil, and 1/4 (60ml) cup almost hot water.
- Mix it well till the mixture is well combined. Add in the oats and sugar, mix well and keep aside for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the flours, salt, baking powder.
- Add the fruit syrup and the flours to the flax meal mixture. Mix lightly.
- If the mixture seems too dry, add in a few tablespoons water at a time. Mix until just about combined like a muffin batter.
- Grease a mini loaf well. Drop batter in and even it out.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the Middle comes out clean.
- Let cool a little before removing from pan and slicing! Serve warm as is, or topped with blueberry compote or the strawberry orange one in the pictures.:)