Carrot Celery Leek Potato Soup. A delicious, comforting and healthy soup that’s ready in no time. Vegan and Gluten Free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Carrot Celery Leek Potato Soup. Vegan Gluten Free
- 1 teaspoon (teaspoon) organic canola oil or coconut oil
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) of garlic chopped
- chili flakes to taste
- 1 cup (89 g) leek chopped and washed
- 1 cup (128 g) carrots chopped
- 1 cup (101 g) celery chopped
- 1/2 cup (105 g) potato
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 tsp) Cajun spice or spice blend of choice
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- (0.75 teaspoon) salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) raw sugar or agave syrup
- In a pan, add a teaspoon organic canola oil or coconut oil, Add 3 cloves of garlic chopped, chili flakes and cook for a minute on medium heat.
- Add the leek and cook for another minute.
- Add the chopped carrots, celery and potato.
- Add the cumin powder and Cajun spice or spice blend of choice and mix well.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the water, salt, raw sugar or agave syrup and Cook covered on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring 1-2 times in between.
- Take off heat and cool for a minute.
- Blend this into a smooth puree and pour into the same pan. Add more water to get desired consistency.
- Cook on medium heat in the pan till it comes to a boil. Adjust salt and spice..
- Garnish with thinly chopped carrot, celery and/or leek