Maple Glazed Delicata Squash, Cashews, Baby Spinach Salad With Creamy Wasabi Dressing. Vegan And Gluten Free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Maple Glazed Delicata Squash, Cashews, Baby Spinach Salad With Creamy Wasabi Dressing.
- teaspoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup (... ) soaked cashews or almonds
- wasabi to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- vinegar to taste
- In a pan, add a teaspoon of oil and heat at low-medium. Arrange the delicata squash to fit in the pan. Sprinkle salt and pinch of pepper.
- Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes. flip them around and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add 2 teaspoons of maple syrup and low sodium soy sauce or tamari or to taste Mix well to coat and let cook for another minute.
- You can also roast the squash. Toss it in salt pepper, oil, maple and soy to coat, and roast on parchment for 30-40 minutes until tender and browned on the edges.
- Meanwhile ready your salad with spinach or other baby greens.
- For the dressing, blend the soaked cashews or almonds with wasabi to taste, salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Pour the dressing on the salad. Drop some sizzling squash on top and a good helping of cashews, walnuts or other nuts of choice, raw or roasted.
- To make the salad into a better meal, add cooked chickpeas or black eyed peas, or some Tofu.
- Nutritional value is based on 1 serving