Pomegranate Apple Satsuma Spiced Cooler. A delicious, refreshing cooler made using a pressure cooker. Vegan and Gluten Free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Pomegranate Apple Satsuma Spiced Cooler. A delicious, refreshing cooler made using a pressure cooker. Vegan and Gluten Free Recipe.
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 apple finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder,
- a few leaves of mint or basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon rock salt (kala namak) or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pressure cook all the above, for 1 whistle or boil till apple is a bit tender, in about a cup of water.
- Add a juice of 1 or more Satsuma or orange when mixture cools a bit, with or without some pulp.
- Puree the mix so there are no apple pieces.
- Strain though large hole strainer to remove pomegranate seeds.
- Adjust salt, pepper and sugar/agave/stevia if you like it sweet.
- Add more water if needed for preferred consistency.
- Makes about 2 cups of thicker consistency.
- Serve chilled! or at room temperature as we are already hovering in the low 30s F here.
Nutritional value is based on 1 serving