My Red Beet, Pear, Minneola orange and Apple Smoothie is another way to use up the Seasonal fruits and veggies. A pretty colored smoothie. Lightly cooked and spiced! and as hubbs points out.. a gorgeous color for a love potion!Jump to Recipe
Seasonal fruits and veggies. A pretty colored smoothie. Lightly cooked and spiced!
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 medium red Beet peeled and chopped
- 1 Pear chopped
- 1 Apple chopped
- juice of 1 Orange
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon rock salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw Sugar or agave
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or 1 tablespoon cilantro or any herb of choice
In a pressure cooker or deep pan, add water, red Beet, Apple and orange juice
Add salt, rock salt, black pepper, Sugar, chopped fresh mint
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle or cook covered for 10-15 minutes on low-medium heat until most fruit is tender.
- Cool and blend to a puree. Taste and adjust water consistency, salt, sugar. Garnish with black pepper, cumin powder or dried herbs. drink! Of course, you can spike it with your favorite liquor in the evening.
Nutritional values based on one serving
This documentary film tells the stories of abandoned and trafficked girls, of women who suffer extreme dowry-related violence, of brave mothers fighting to save their daughters’ lives, and of other mothers who would kill for a son.
Learn more about the film at www.itsagirlmovie.com