This Carrot, Leek, Parsnip soup, is quick and easy and packed full of flavor. A warming and comforting vegan and gluten free recipeJump to Recipe
Carrot, Leek, Parsnip Soup
- 1 cup (128 g) carrots chopped
- 2/3 cup (59.33 g) leek chopped
- 2/3 cup (88.67 g) parsnips chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cajun spice blend
- freshly ground black pepper or red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- In a pan, heat oil at medium heat and add leeks to it.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Add the carrots and parsnip and cook covered for 2-3 minutes until parnips start to get tender.
- Blend these with 1/2 cup or more water into a puree and pour puree back into the pan.
- Add salt, cajun spice and freshly ground black pepper to taste, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Taste and adjust, salt spices and water content.
- Serve hot topped with parsley or cilantro.