My mushroom rainbow chard shallot soup is a hearty meal, packed full of nutrients Jump to Recipe
Mushroom Rainbow Chard Shallot Soup
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 10-12 (10 ) Cremini mushrooms chopped(quartered)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 big shallots chopped
- 10 rainbow chard ribs cut and leaves chopped, use only soft and thin ribs. compost the thick stems
- 1 cup (236.59 g) cooked elbows or small pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) Dried herbs basil or thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) black pepper
- 2/3 teaspoon (0.67 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 1 cup (1 cup) water (or more) reserve from the pasta or vegetable stock or plain water
- In a deep large pan, add oil, heat at medium heat and spread to cover the pan.
- Add chopped mushrooms, garlic, chard ribs and shallots and cook on medium low, stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown on the edges.
- Add in the chard leaves and cook for another 2 minutes until the chard begins to wilt.
- Add in the water, herbs, salt and pepper to taste, and pasta. Taste and adjust.
- Bring to boil (partially covered 5 mins) and cook on low for 2-3 minutes or until the soup reaches desired consistency.
- Serve hot garnished with green onions or herbs of choice.