- 1/2 cup (62.5 g) bread flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar or other natural sugar/sweetener
- 1 teaspoon active yeast
- 1 Tablespoon organic canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons non dairy yogurt I used SoDelicious plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Kosher or sea salt for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons baking soda mixed in 6 cups of water for boiling pretzels in.
For the filling
- 5-6 (5 ) cremini mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup (55 g) green beans chopped.
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) chili flakes or to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- In a pan, add oil and heat on low. Add mushrooms and cook covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Add green beans, salt and chili flakes or black pepper. Mix and cook covered for 5-7 minutes until mushrooms start to brown.
- In a bowl, add warm water, yeast and sugar. Mix well and let it get frothy. 5-7 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix in the flours and salt well. Add to yeast mixture.
- Add oil and yogurt and knead into a soft non sticky dough. 3-4 minutes. Add a smidgen more yogurt if needed.
- Place dough in greased container, Spritz top with water, cover and let rise for 2 hours or until doubled.
- Take dough out, knead for a minute then roll out into a rectangle.
- Sprinkle the filling on the rectangle and roll it like a jelly roll from the long side.
- Stick the edge with a little water.
- Roll the jelly roll between your hands to make it thinner like a rope as much as possible.
- Cut the rope into equal pieces and seal the ends.
- Alternatively, you can divide the dough into balls and roll each one out, add filling and shape into about 2 inch long cylinder pretzel.
- Place these on parchment.
- Bring 1.5-2 quart (6-8 cups) water in a deep pan to a boil. Add the baking soda.(water quantity Depends on size of your pan)
- Boil the pretzels in the water for 30 seconds or so till they rise on their own.
- Remove from water and place back on parchment lined sheet. Sprinkle and press salt on the tops.(I dint have kosher, and the table salt is not visible in the pictures:))
- Once all pretzels are on parchment, bake in preheated 400 degrees F oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden.(depends on size of pretzel. smaller ones take less time)
- Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving with any favorite dip like vegan ranch or hummus or vegan honey mustard!