Its a Banana quick bread bar! If you are wondering why you don’t see enough Banana recipes here, its because Hubbs is mildly allergic to Bananas. Some days I miss adding some banana to baked goods for that added moisture and natural sweet.
Naturally sweet, these bars are great to enjoy anytime of the day. Vegan recipe full of flavor
- 1/4 cup ground raw Cashew
- 1/3 cup ground Oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour or spelt or wheat pastry flour
- 2-3 Tablespoons cooked Quinoa or any cooked small grain
- 1 very Ripe Banana
- 3 Tablespoons raw sugar or equivalent sweetener
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup water or almond milk
- A generous pinch of ginger nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl, add chopped banana and mash it well.
- In another bowl mix/whisk the flours and baking powder well.
- Add the water/almond milk, vinegar, sugar, salt, spices to the banana mash and mix well.
- Add the flours and mix till just about combined.
- Drop batter on parchment lined or greased 8 inch cake pan.
- Even it out and Bake at preheated 360 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick from the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack before slicing.
Nutritional values are based on one serving