Thandai is a spiced almond milk served during the festival of Holi. Creamy and refreshing, it is vegan and gluten free.Jump to Recipe
Thandai (Spiced Almond Milk) and Thandai Lassi (Yogurt Drink). vegan glutenfree
Ground spice mix
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) cardamom powder or 1 green cardamom
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) poppy seeds
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) fennel seeds
- 2 black peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) saffron
- a few dry watermelon seeds
- 1/4 cup (32.25 g) raw cashews as fine as possible.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Almond milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) more almond milk
- 1.5-2 Tablespoons (1.5 Tablespoons) raw sugar
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and a few saffron strands
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) almond milk
- 1/2-3/4 cup (122.5 ml) of non dairy yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water
- 1.5 Tablespoons raw sugar
- In a blender, add the ground cashew and spice mix, add 1/2 cup Almond milk and blend well until smooth.
- Add about 1 cup more almond milk and raw sugar as needed (1.5-2 Tablespoons raw sugar or maple or dates). Blend and chill for at least an hour, to let the spices infuse in the drink.
- Give it a mix before serving. Garnish with chopped pistachios and a few saffron strands.
- If you have rose water or pistachio essence, add some to taste.
- In a blender, add the ground cashew and spice mix, add 1/2 cup almond milk. Blend well until smooth. Refrigerate for at least an hour so the spices can infuse the almond milk.
- To the chilled spice and almond milk mix, Add 1/2-3/4 cup of non dairy yogurt and 1/2 cup of water(less or more to preference for lassi consistency), 1.5 Tablespoons raw sugar or to taste, and blend. Add more or less water for needed consistency of Lassi. Serve immediately!