Chana Masala Spiced Roasted Nuts
- 1-1.5 cups (144 g) nuts of choice Cashews, pecans, walnuts, almonds, macadamia, pistachios etc
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) spice blend of choice like garam masala or chana masala spice blend I used Chana masala/Chole spice blend , available in all Indian stores as chole masala
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- black pepper or chili powder to taste
- In a large skillet, add a teaspoon of oil and heat over low-medium.
- When hot, add a cup of nuts(I used cashews, walnuts, pecans, almonds, pistachios), salt, black pepper and chana masala spice blend to taste, and mix to coat well.
- Roast on stove stirring every few seconds for 8-10 minutes until cashews start to look golden.(Reduce heat to low after 6 or so minutes to reduce chances of burning)
- Take off heat. The nuts will continue to roast for the next 2-3 minutes once off heat too. The Omega fats in the nuts can burn and damage easily, so roast them to just a light golden.
- Cool completely, adjust salt and spice. Snack!
- You can also bake these for about 12-15 minutes at preheated 330 degrees F. Stir once after 10 minutes and check on them. Oven temperatures vary, so keep the temperature on the lower side.
- You can roast the nuts on stove or bake with no oil too, the spices and herbs might not stick as well.