Say hello to this Sprouted chickpea, Quinoa, Chard, garlic Crust topped with Cauliflower marinated in tomato sauce and grape tomatoes. This Pizza is loosely inspired by the uber healthy Brendan’s Chickpea Curry Pizza. You can substitute the quinoa with sunflower seeds or other sprouted seeds of choice.
- 1 cup sprouted or cooked chickpeas I used sprouted over 1.5 days
- 1/2 cup sprouted or cooked Quinoa I used Alter Eco rainbow Quinoa, sprouted over 1 day
- 1 cup chopped Chard or Kale
- 2 Tablespoons organic oil of choice I used 1 Tbsp virgin coconut and 1 Tbp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Chana masala spice blend also called chole masala in Indian stores or Garam masala or curry powder
- 1 dried red chili or to taste or skip
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup small cauliflower florets 1 inch or smaller
- 1/3 cup Grape tomatoes
- Chopped cilantro optional, I cant imagine anything chickpea without some cilantro:)
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 garlic clove
- spices and herbs of choice I added cumin, ginger powder, chopped cilantro, lemon juice, salt, pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Or use other sauces like marinara or pesto
- Pulse all ingredients for the crust until a thick doughy batter is formed.
- Spread the thick batter on parchment lined sheet using circular motion to about a 1/4 inch thick. (To help make the crust sturdier and less wet, add some flaxmeal or other dry seed meal)
Bake in preheated 375 degrees F / 190ºc for 15 minutes,
- Meanwhile, pulse 1 or more tomato, garlic, spices, herbs into a coarse mix.
- Mix the cauliflower, salt, pepper and marinate till ready to put on the base.
- (Or coat Cauliflower in salt, pepper and olive oil and use the sauce as base)
- Prep other veggies, chop into small pieces. I used grape tomatoes, you can add some sweet potatoes, broccoli, bell peppers, onions, anything that you want to grab :).
- Take the base out once the center is slightly firm. Spread sauce, top it with the marinated cauliflower, other veggies, sprinkle salt and pepper/chili flakes to taste.
- (Use a less wet sauce, else the crust will get mushy and even more delicate)
- Bake for another 35-45 minutes in the center or bottom rack.(depends on your oven and crust thickness. Lift up the crust lightly with a spatula to check that its not wet in the middle)
- Top with chopped cilantro or fresh herb of choice, Serve hot!
Nutritional values based on one serving