Did someone say French toasts! We arent done creating some decadent options yet. So here we are with a Tiramisu French Toast and a Gulab Jamun one (Indian sweet – vegan GJ recipe here).Jump to Recipe
Bread slices dipped in chocolate and coffee batter and pan fried, brushed with maple mixed with coffee and liquor of choice, Topped with cashew cream(no soaking needed) and shaved chocolate for a Tiramisu-ish French Toast. yummm. Adjust sweet to taste.
Tiramisu French Toasts
- 1.5 Tablespoons finely ground Oats
- 1 Tablespoon finely ground flax seed
- 1 Tablespoon raw sugar or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (83.33 ml) warm water or almond milk Or half coconut milk, half water
- 1 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons (1 teaspoons) instant cofee or strong brewed coffee
- 1-2 teaspoons (1 teaspoons) organic canola or coconut oil
- 3-4 Tablespoons (3 Tablespoons) ground cashew or almond
- 4-5 Tablespoons (4 Tablespoons) coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) lemon juice or a few drops of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 - 3 tablespoons (tablespoons) to 2-3 Tablespoons warm maple
- Sprinkle shaved chocolate or Cocoa powder to serve
- 4 slices bread
- Mix 1.5 Tablespoons finely ground Oats, 1 Tablespoon finely ground flax seed, 1 Tablespoon raw sugar or maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/3+ cup warm water or almond milk (Or half coconut milk, half water), 1 Tablespoons cocoa powder, 1-2 teaspoons instant cofee or strong brewed coffee. Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes. Mix again, dip slices and pan fry them on medium-low, in 1-2 teaspoons organic canola or coconut oil. 3-4 minutes each side.
- Mix 3-4 Tablespoons ground cashew or almond with 4-5 Tablespoons coconut milk to get preferred consistency. Add a Tablespoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or a few drops of vinegar. Mix, taste, adjust and keep ready.
- Or add a little coconut milk and raw sugar to vegan cream cheese to make a spreadable cream.
- Add a teaspoon of instant coffee and optional liquor like coffee liqueur, rum or kahlua, or liquerr extract, to 2-3 Tablespoons warm maple. Brush the maple on the french toasts.
- Then top with the cream mixture.
- Sprinkle shaved chocolate or Cocoa powder through a sieve/strainer.