Vegan Mocha Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel drizzle. How to make a Moist Mocha Cake. Drizzled with vegan salted caramel. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Long weekend is almost over.. Some needed rest, good food, random shopping( hubbs picked up a skate board), movies and now back to this weeks posts. The weekend was a pizza day with friends, with 2 Pizza options on my home made wheat crust, some spinach and tomatoes and vegan cheese on one and Tempeh Tikka masala, onion, jalapeno, cilantro on the other.
Vegan Mocha Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel drizzle
Vegan Mocha Chocolate Cake
- 1/4 cup (56 ml) oil I used organic canola
- 2 Tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) vanilla almond milk or non dairy milk plus a few drops of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water
- 1.5 Tablespoon instant coffee or substitute the 1/4 cup water above with 1/4 cup brewed coffee- preferably strong
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 g) raw sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flaxmeal
- 1/3 cup (60 g) dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (62.5 g) Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (60 g) Oat flour Use wheat flour or AP flour for less crumbly cake
- 1/4 cup (32.25 g) raw Cashew ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (50 g) raw sugar ground you can also use other sweeteners like coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut milk or almond milk or non dairy milk
Vegan Mocha Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F.
- In a bowl, add all of the wet ingredients, mix and warm in the microwave, or on stove top until just about hot to touch.
- Add in the chocolate chips or bar, and whisk until chocolate melts and is well combined.
- Let sit for 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix all the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. whisk well.
- Add the dry to the wet.
- Mix until just about combined.
- Pour batter in greased or parchment lined 8 inch pan.
- Bake at preheated 365 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick from the center comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes, then remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.
- Before serving drizzle liberally with warm salted caramel!
Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce: inspired by Chef Chloe's recipe
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine all ingredients( 1 Tablespoon coconut milk). stirring frequently. Once mixture comes together, increase heat to medium-high for 1 to 2 minutes, until it begins to boil and the bubbles move into the center of the caramel and it thickens just a little(a few more seconds). Remove from heat and let cool. Then pour this insanely delicious caramel over everything!