These Oil-free Wheat laddoo are soft and delicious. Make them with any other whole grain flour or make Atte ka Choorma crumble. Vegan Indian Sweet Vegan, Dairy-free, Soy-free. Use a gf flour to make gluten-free. Jump to Recipe
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground raw sugar reduce to 1 if you dont like very sweet laddus, or powdered jaggery or sweetner of choice
- 2 Tablespoons ground raw almond
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup you can try agave or date syrup or any sticky sweet syrup or single thread sugar/jaggery syrup
- few sprays of water
- In a pan, dry roast the wheat flour on low heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 3 to 4 minutes. You can also roast over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Stir frequently (2-3 times per minute) to avoid burning. Slow roasting however has better flavor.
- Once the wheat flour gets lightly browned and you can smell the roasted aroma, add in the ground sugar, cardamom and almond flour and mix well.
- Roast for another minute.
- Add in the maple syrup, mix well and take off heat.
- Spray water on the mix 3-4 times mixing continuously with the spatula and pressing a little to see if a few lumps are formed.
- Let it cool slightly till easy to handle, then knead it using you hands for a minute, so the nut oil and the maple incorporate well and help with the sticking.
- You can serve this lumpy mix, similar to the wheat choorma as is, or make balls/laddoos out it.
- You can add roasted or raw chopped nuts and raisins to the mix. (dont add too many if making balls)
- Use a spray of water or 2 more to make balls if needed.
- Garnish with chopped raw pistachios.
- Consume same day or store in airtight container in refrigerator for a few days.
Nutritional values based on one serving