Hubbs got home and I presented him with a few pieces of these. He eats one, says mmmmm, then asks me what they were. I said they are Sweet Potato blondies. He looks at me and says, they are more brunetties dont you think. 😉
So lets just call them Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip bars. 🙂 These bars are gluten-free, made with brown rice flour and amaranth, with Sweet Potato puree and a generous amount of spices. I added some mini chocolate chips in these, because you know, mini chocolate chips make everything better. You can add nuts of choice. These blondies can also be made with Pumpkin. They store very well. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
Serve these Gluten free Sweet Potato Blondies with Ice cream, salted caramel, whipped coconut cream.
Every holiday season, I seem to feel alone and write on my personal blog, about how I have expectations from everyone around to adjust just a bit for things like food or other issues, and how I get disappointed. As Isa says, holidays are about inclusiveness. We should look at the friends and family around and try to include everyone in the celebration, even if leads to cooking up something new, changing the venue or anything else.
Since, I haven’t baked gf in a while, I decided that I need to brush up my gluten-free baking and come up with some gf options for the holidays. These moist, no gum, gluten-free blondies are easy to whip up and delicious.
More Fall desserts..
Sweet Potato Doughnuts
Pumpkin Coconut Muffins
Simple Spelt Sweet Potato Biscuits
Pumpkin Pie Spice Nog Pancakes
Pumpkin Pie Flan
Quick short post today while I try to catch up on sleep(Chewie’s coughing fits keep us up), feel super awesome about meeting Isa chandra, worry about Chewie and worry about the thanksgiving potluck, and just about go through some mix and match of emotions.
The polls for Virtual Vegan Potluck favorite recipes are now open. If you liked my Caulfilower Broccoli Potato Masala Pie, please vote here.
In a bowl, add all the ingredients under Wet.
Mix it up. In another bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
Combine dry with wet until well combined. Drop the batter onto parchment lined or greased pan.
Spread and even it out using a spatula.
Bake in preheated 360 degrees F for 40 minutes.
Serve warm with caramel or ice cream.
Gluten free Sweet Potato Blondies with Chocolate chips. Vegan Recipe
- 1 cup (158 g) brown rice flour or white rice flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) amaranth flour or sorghum or millet other gf flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend or add 1/2 tsp cinnamon & ginger, 1/4 tsp clove & nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) baking powder
- a generous pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 cup (140 g) Sweet potato puree I used canned
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup (157.73 g) ground raw sugar 1-2 Tbsp more for sweeter
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/4 cup (56 ml) oil I use organic canola
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (60 g) mini chocolate chips or add chopped walnuts/pecans
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F / 160ºc. In a bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, add all the ingredients under wet and mix well. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Combine wet with dry and mix until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips or nuts if using. Or add both.
- The batter will be thick and stiff-ish and it will continue to get stiff if it sits. Once chocolate chips are mixed in, drop the batter on parchment lined or greased pan. Using a spatula flatten it out.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick from the center comes out almost clean. You will know when it is ready as the house will start smelling delicious.
- Remove pan from oven. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan. The blondie crust softens and also gets easier to cut into squares as it cools. Cut into squares and serve with vanilla ice cream or salted caramel or whipped coconut cream, or all of them.
- Variations: use Pumpkin instead of sweet potato puree. Add a Tablespoon more almond milk and oil.