This is a super easy weeknight meal. Toss the beans in taco spice. Layer up your tortilla with the beans and veggies grill and serve!
If you dont want to grill it up, make it into an open faced quesadilla pizza. Broil and serve. Or saute the beans for 5 minutes and make it into a wrap. Some times I just need a quick fix.
and this is one of those meals. I usually have a side salad with the quesadillas so just one medium wrap quesadilla is enough for me. You can make as many as you like. 🙂
Did I tell you that I love you all so much! thank you for all the excited emails, love and sharing my journey. I am in the process of sorting and replying to the emails.
More easy weeknight meals
Gobi Aloo Wrap with toasted lentil hummus.
Quinoa shell pasta ith white garlic jalapeno sauce.
Teriyaki Tempeh and Shiitake mushrooms with Sriracha Soba
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, roasted Cauliflower Sweet potato Sandwich
Fusilli with browned mushrooms and spinach
Portabella stuffed with hash browns
Smoky Black Beans, Parsley Chimichurri, spinach Wraps.
Toss the beans in taco seasoning, lemon juice and let sit while you prep the other ingredients.
Make fresh salsa with a ripe tomato, red onion, cilantro and green chili chopped and mixed with a pinch of salt, pepper and lemon juice. Or just slice up the tomatoes, onion and cilantro and top the spiced beans.
Layer the beans, chopped red bell pepper, salsa or sliced veggies, cilantro on the tortilla half. Add daiya pepper jack or make your own pepperjack and shred.
Fold and grill. Or top with another tortilla and grill. I grilled mine on the panini grill.
Taco Spice Vegan White Bean Quesadilla with Pepper Jack.
- 15 oz can great northern White beans ch ask black pr pinto beans. 15 oz or about 1.5 cups cooked or other beans of choice su
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
2 tsp taco seasoning for 1 can of beans:
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp each of garlic powder onion powder, smoked paprika, chipotle pepper powder, black pepper
- 1/2 tsp each of oregano and parsley
- 1/2 tsp red chile powder optional or to taste
For the quesadilla:
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- fresh salsa or chopped tomato red onion and cilantro
- salt and pepper
- daiya pepper jack or homemade pepper jack shredded
- Wash and drain the beans. Toss the beans with the spices and salt in a bowl and keep aside.
- Chop up the veggies. Brush a little oil on the tortilla on one side and place on the grill. top with the spiced beans and red bell pepper. Make fresh salsa with a ripe tomato, red onion, cilantro and green chili chopped and mixed with a pinch of salt, pepper and lemon juice. Or just slice up the tomatoes, onion and cilantro and top the spiced beans. sprinkle a little salt and pepper. top with vegan pepper jack shreds. Top with another tortilla or fold. Grill until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot with a dash of chipotle sauce or hot sauce.
- Make it into a pizza/ open faced quesadilla by baking it for 10-12 minutes at 425 degrees F / 220ºc, like this BBQ chickpea tortilla Pizza.
- Or saute the white beans for 5 minutes on stove top and make it into a wrap.
- Use other beans or chickpeas.