This buffalo chickpea pizza was waiting to be edited and posted. This Pizza is based on the Buffalo chikun Pizza from Pizza Pi in Seattle. The spicy tangy Buffalo sauce, a generous amount of white garlic sauce and celery ranch sauce and oh my, It is so good!
If you have the pizza dough ready, then this Pizza is a breeze to put together too. Mix up the buffalo sauce and chickpeas, make the blender sauces. Layer them all up, Bake and serve. Vegan, palm oil free and soy free! Easily gluten-free with my gf crusts. btw buffalo sauce has nothing to do with the animal Buffalo but everything to do with the location it was created at, Buffalo, NY.
More Pizzas from the blog including this Sriracha BBQ Tofu and Pepper jack Pizza, Jalapeno Popper Pie Deep Dish, Samosa Pizza, Mediterranean with almond feta, Deep Dish Lasagna Pizza and more here.
This Buffalo Chickpea Pizza! Make some today!
Reading this week.
This Vanity Fair Article on Sam Simpson. Diagnosed with terminal cancer two years ago, and given only months to live, Sam Simon is still alive and still racing to spend the fortune he made as co-creator of The Simpsons on causes he loves, whether he is rescuing grizzly bears (and chinchillas and elephants) or funding vegan food banks.
Buffalo Chickpea Pizza with White Garlic Sauce and Celery Ranch Dressing
- 1 recipe Easy pizza dough
- or my white garlic crust
- or any of my gluten free crusts
For the Buffalo Sauce Chickpeas
- 3 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 15 oz (425.24 g) can chickpeas or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
White Sauce Base
- 1/2 cup (118.29 g) ground cashew
- 3/4 cup (187.5 ml) almond milk
- 2 tbsp flour or 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2/3 tsp (0.67 tsp) salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a very generous dash of black pepper
For the garlic sauce
- 2/3 (0.67 ) of the white sauce from above
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) italian herb blend
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Celery ranch sauce
- 1/3 (0.33 ) of the white sauce from above
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ranch seasoning
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) celery seeds
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) apple cider vinegar
- Make the pizza dough according to recipe. Use double the pizza dough recipe to make 2 pizzas.
- Make the Buffalo chickpeas: Mix everything under buffalo chickpeas. Mash a few chickpeas and let sit and marinate while you prep the sauce.
- Make the White sauce: Blend all the ingredients under white sauce base until well combined into a smooth sauce.
- Make the White Garlic sauce: Take about a 2/3 part of the white sauce from above and add garlic sauce ingredients. Mix well. Taste and adjust and mix or blend.
- Make the Celery Ranch: Add the ranch seasoning, celery and vinegar and mix and keep ready.
- Shape the pizza dough to a 10 inch rounds with thick edges so the sauce does not flow off the pizza during baking. Brush olive oil on it. Drizzle enough garlic sauce on the dough to coat. Add spinach or greens or other veggies of choice.
- Layer buffalo chickpeas on the greens. Drizzle some buffalo sauce from the marinade.
- Drizzle a generous amount of celery ranch. Add vegan mozzarella cheese shreds (optional). Try any of my cheeses
- Bake at pre-heated 425 degrees F / 220ºc for 14 minutes. Broil for a minute to crisp.
- Drizzle any leftover garlic sauce or celery ranch before serving.