This Vegan Hazelnut Macchiato is easy, dairy free recipe. Make it frothy and hot topped with date hazelnut caramel or add ice to make Iced version. Soy-free. gluten free.
This is a simple Hazelnut Macchiato recipe for the fall fix. Heat it up and serve or add ice and make the Iced version. The Dates make up the Caramel flavor, hazelnut butter adds the hazelnut, coffee, non dairy milk and lots of blending, makes one frothy drink! Adjust the nut butter, sweet, coffee to preference. Top with Whipped Coconut Cream and vegan caramel!
What is your current favorite drink?
Mmm. Make this warm hazelnut macchiato vegan and awesome! something that isn’t Pumpkin for fall!
More drinks from the blog
Vegan Hazelnut Macchiato
- 1.5 cups (375 ml) almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 5 (5 ) dates soaked in hot water for 15 mins
- 1 to 2 Tbsp (1 to 2 Tbsp) chocolate hazelnut butter or hazelnut butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (1/4 to 1/2 tsp) instant coffee/espresso or prepared espresso to taste
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Whipped coconut cream or other non dairy whipped cream for topping
- vegan caramel or date hazelnut vanilla caramel for topping
- In a blender, add the non dairy milk, pitted and soaked dates, hazelnut butter, coffee, vanilla and salt and blend until until smooth. blend a few cycles so the dates are incorporated well. Add 1 tsp cocoa powder if using plain nut butter.
- For a hot macchiato, heat up the blended mixture to desired temperature and serve.
- Top with whipped coconut cream and vegan caramel sauce.
To make Date hazelnut Caramel:
- Soak 5 to 6 pitted dates in hot water for 15 minutes. Blend with 1 Tbsp of hazelnut butter, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and a little water to a smooth consistency. Drizzle this on the macchiato before serving
*Don't like the nut butter in coffee, use 1/2 tsp hazelnut extract
*For Caramel Macchiato: Omit the hazelnut butter. Add more coffee to taste. For Iced Macchiato, replace half the non dairy milk with non dairy milk cubes or ice cubes Nutritional values based on one serving