What’s better than some Chocolate to start the day! These soft and berrylicious rolls are filled with chocolate chips and drizzled with a Chocolate glaze! Serve them warm as is, or with the chocolate glaze and with some fresh berries.
I decided that I had to make some Cinnamon Rolls for Angela’s Bed in Breakfast guest series. Warm rolls with a glaze are perfect in this freezing weather. It also helps to start up the oven in the morning :). These rolls can be baked in the morning or baked a day before and served warm. I love adding fruit to my bread. The pureed strawberries in the dough keeps the breads extra moist and you need less sugar and glaze to eat these up. Use any berries that you like!
To make these gluten-free see my GF Pumpkin cinnamon Rolls recipe.
Make these Cinnamon rolls this holiday season!
More Breakfast rolls from the blog.
Get the Step by Step Pictures and Recipe at Canned Time here. or below
Make the dough, roll it out. Sprinkle cinnamon, chocolate chips and sugar. Roll it up, slice and place in parchment lined pan.
Bake until golden.
Prepare the chocolate glaze, drizzle generously over the cinnamon rolls.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp active yeast
- 1 cup ripe strawberries fresh or thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk like almond or coconut
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp raw sugar or other sweetener
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cup flour I use unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp oil or melted vegan butter or oil spray
- 1 to 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp or more sugar
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine water, 1 tsp sugar and yeast. Let it sit for 2 minutes or until frothy.
- Blend the strawberries with non dairy milk, vanilla and sugar until smooth and keep aside. (warm this mixture to room temperature if the strawberries were frozen)
- In a bowl, add flours, salt, baking powder and whisk well. Add the yeast mixture, strawberry puree and oil. Mix and knead into a soft, somewhat sticky dough.
- Use flour to roll the dough out into a 10 by 16 inch rectangle.
- Brush vegan butter or oil. Sprinkle cinnamon, distribute the chocolate chips. Sprinkle sugar if you like the filling sticky sweet.
- Roll up the rectangle into a jelly roll and seal the edges. Slice into 1 inch slices. Place in 8 by 8 square pan.
- Spray water on top. Then spray oil. cover with a towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F / 190ºc. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden on top. Cool for 5 minutes then remove from the pan. Lightly cover with a towel to cool for another 5-10 minutes, then glaze and serve.
- Heat the almond milk to just about boiling. Add chocolate chips and vanilla., Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the cinnamon rolls before serving.
Variations: Use any other berries like blueberries, raspberries.
Note: To make ahead: Shape the rolls and place in the pan. Then cover with parchment and refrigerate until ready to bake. Let the rolls come to room temperature (30 to 45 minutes) before baking.
Or bake the rolls and refrigerate. Warm in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values based on one serving of four