Well, say hello to the brunch to remember! Bread slices slathered and stuffed with salted date caramel and almond butter (or other nut butter), then sandwiched and soaked in chocolate brownie batter, then cooked up and served with a generous drizzle of more caramel and chocolate.
La Lah! Weekend breakfast plans made.
Creamy nut butter with a smooth refined sugar free caramel inside, are an amazing surprise with every bite. The dark chocolate vanilla batter makes the french toast gorgeous and delicious! Serve up with favorite fruits. For variation, stuff with PB & J! Or make just the simple brownie batter french toasts, unstuffed.
The decadence can be adjusted to preference. The caramel is lightly sweet and with just a light layer of the caramel and nut butter, the french toast is just lightly sweet and not too heavy!
What are your favorite French Toasts?
More Breakfast from the blog
- Samoa Cooke French Toasts
- Molten Lava French Toasts
- Samoa Cookie Pancakes with Salted Date Caramel, Toasted coconut
- Cinnamon roll Pancakes
- Cinnamon rolls
In other awesome news, 4 more circus elephants in India. were rescued from a life of misery, chained up 22 hours a day, tortured to perform, and barely fed. They are now headed to a sanctuary to live out their life in freedom.
Wildlife SOS with the help of several other organizations is trying to rescue all 67+ circus elephants from all over India. All of the animals from this particular circus (birds, dogs, camels, goats etc) are also heading to rescues and shelters and adoptions! Read more about it here. The circus owners had earlier been arrested for rape of minors and human trafficking. I am mad that it took so long for both the issues to be handled, and thankful that these animals will not have to live in constant misery now. Please consider supporting them for ongoing rescue and care here.
Back to this french toast.
Make the batter and caramel. Slather bread slices with nut butter and caramel.
Sandwich the slices and soak in batter.
Pan fry until crisp to preference.
Slice and plate.
and serve with a drizzle of date caramel, chocolate and fruits of choice.
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 2 tbsp flour white or wheat or glutenfree(rice or chickpea)
- 3 tbsp or more cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- 9 to 10 soft medjool dates soaked in hot water for half an hour
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- Blend everything under brownie batter. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Blend everything under salted date caramel until smooth, Add more non dairy milk if needed. Taste and adjust salt and sweet. Add a touch of sugar or maple if needed.
- Spread almond/peanut butter on a slice of bread. Spread date caramel generously on the other slice. Combine the 2 slices into a sandwich. (You can also use fruit preserves instead of salted caramel for a PBJ filling)
- Place the sandwich into the brownie batter, flip after 10 seconds and soak the other side.
- Cook on a heated and greased pan for 2 to 4 minutes each side. Repeat for the rest of the french toasts. Store the french toasts in the oven at a minimum setting to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Drizzle more salted caramel and melted chocolate or chocolate ganache on the french toast. Dust with sugar (optional). Serve with favorite fruits.
Nutritional values based on one serving