Vegan Snickerdoodle Popsicles. Dairy-free Ice cream pops with crunchy snickerdoodle cookie crisps. Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Soy-free Recipe
You know whats essential in this summer heat. Some awesome popsicles. These Snickerdoodle pops are simple and amazing if you love cinnamon and all things snickerdoodle!
The base popsicle is blended coconut milk and sweetener. The snickerdoodle crumble is oat flour, oil, sugar and cinnamon. The crunchy crumble adds a burst of flavor to the popsicles. For variations use other spice combinations like cardamom+cinnamon or chai spice.
The base ice cream is added to the molds and kept in the freezer for a few minutes so the mixture thickens, then the snickerdoodle crumble is added to it. Some of the crumble stays on top while the rest will start to move to move through the popsicle. Freeze completely and serve.
Oh yes, ignore the popsicle molds. I only have this 1 set. 🙂
Make these dreamy Snickerdoodle Popsicles!
Amazon has been dropping prices on so many books 10 to 12 $(I am sure they are taking some away from me), but that means cheaper print books for you! Get your favorites before the prices go up!
I also made these watermelon and mango popsicles the other day when it had been 90+ F everyday in the week. Blended watermelon filled till 2/3, freeze for a bit, then add mango puree!
More summer ideas from the blog
- Mango Lassi
- Kesar Kulfi- Saffron cream popsicles
- Carrot Cake Ice cream
- Blueberry Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bars. Vegan Gluten-free…
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp starch like cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 2 to 3 Tbsp coconut sugar or sweetener of choice or more maple/agave to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 Tbsp oat flour or other flour of choice
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground/powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Blend all the ingredients under ice cream until smooth. Taste and adjust sweet. Pour in popsicle molds and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes. This helps thicken the mixture a bit so that all of the snickerdoodle crumbs do not sink to the bottom or dissolve completely into the base.
- Meanwhile make the snickerdoodle crumble. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add oat flour and sugar and mix well. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sugar starts to crisp up and the flour smells fragrant.
- Cool for a minute, then add in the salt and cinnamon and mix in. Press and mix to resemble fat crumbs. Add a spray of oil if the crumbs are too dry or powdery.Cool for another minute or so until room temperature.
- Remove the popsicles from the freezer, distribute the crumbs into the pops. Add the popsicle sticks or holder and freeze until fully frozen.
nutritional values based on one serving