Kathy Hester’s new book The Easy Vegan Cookbook: Make Healthy Home Cooking Practically Effortless hits stores today! Kathy is the best selling author of The Great Vegan Bean book, Vegan Slow cooking, Oatrageous Oatmeals and other books. In her latest cookbook Kathy brings you easy everyday meals that are allergen friendly, with many gluten free and soy free options and can be made oil-free.
If you know her earlier cookbooks, you know that Kathy has an amazing collection of creations in each one of them. Chapters in The Easy Vegan Cookbook include
Make ahead staples, Soups save the day
Simple stews, Pushover pasta
Manageable mains, Speedy stir frys
Easy sandwiches and spreads, Sides and Desserts and Drinks
Kathy covers pantry essentials, tips on meal planning, where to find the pantry items. Recipes include slow cooker as well as stove top instructions wherever possible.
The gorgeous bright photography in the book is by Ann Oliverio. Photos on this post by Ann from the cookbook.
Publishers are giving away a copy of the book on this post. To enter, see the end of the post.
Above Pumpkin hummus.
There are several quick and easy as well as intriguing and new recipes in the book including
Zucchini masala fries, Cauliflower Mexi mince, Sweet potato Ropa Vieja, Orange ginger cauliflower,
Cauliflower ricotta!, Schezuan eggplant, Riesling granita, Vegetable chowder,
Mexican kidney bean fried rice, Singapore Mai fun, Orange Chocolate Mousse Parfait and more.
Here are a few more recipe to sample from the book from the blog tour.
You can find more updates about the book and Kathy’s recipes on her blog Healthy Slow Cooking.
Pictured below Chili cheese Carrot Dogs. Recipe can be found here.
One Pot Vegan Vodka Sauce Pasta from The Easy Vegan. Review + GIVEAWAY!
- 2½ cups (154.8 g) 8 oz rotini pasta (*use gluten-free pasta)
- ¾ cup (72 g) mushrooms, chopped small
- ¾ cup (96 g) shredded carrots
- ½ cup (41 g) minced eggplant
- 2 cups (510 g) 18 oz vegan marinara sauce or Mushroom Red Pepper Pasta Sauce (page 85)
- 2 cups (488 ml) plain nondairy milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) 15 ml vodka optional
- 2 teaspoons (2 teaspoons) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons (2 teaspoons) nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) basil
- ½ teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) oregano
- ¼ teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Add everything but the salt to a deep skillet and push the pasta underneath the liquid. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer until the pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Stir every few minutes so everything doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 9 minutes or until the pasta is tender. The timing will vary depending on the shape and kind of pasta you use. Taste and add salt if needed.
The publisher is giving away a a copy of the book on this post! (US only)
To Enter, please leave a comment on this post about your favorite easy weekday meal, or your favorite Kathy Hester recipe if you have cooked from her books or blog. before Sept 12