Mango Coconut Ladoo. Fudgy Mango balls made with Mango Puree, Coconut and almond meal. Vegan gluten-free recipe. Easy soy-free dessert or snack. Pin this post
Because Mango and Summer! Well its techinically not as Summery here in the PNW. Lots of clouds, some rain, and lotsa sinus issues. (Maybe we should move down towards sunnier south). Anywho, mango always brightens my day!
These fudgy balls are super mangoey and a perfect treat. Add some ground nuts and seeds or protein powder to make them into a snack or add some more sweet for dessert. Use seeds to make nut-free. Mango, coconut and almond meal are cooked to thicken. Some coconut flour and starch thicken the mix further to a sticky dough that is shaped into balls. Shape the mixture into balls or pat into a bar to make burfis (mango coconut bars). Add flavors of choice like cardamom or vanilla. Make these Mango Coconut Ladoo Balls today!
More Mango Recipes from the blog
- Mango Mojito – so refreshing and Summery!
- Mango Cupcakes – 1 bowl
- Mango Dal – Easy 6 ingredient Dal.
- Mango Sheera / Halwa
- Mango Lassi – Mango Yogurt Smoothie
- Mango Burfi – Bars
- Mango Sriracha Cauliflower Bites
Hello there Summer!
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut dried
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup or more mango puree thick puree from can or ripe mango
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutritional yeast optional - it adds a bit of khoya kind of flavor profile which is in dairy based ladoos
- sugar or other sweetener if needed
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or other starch
- shredded coconut for garnish
- Add coconut, almond meal and pureed mango to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes until bubbling away.
- Add the salt, nutritional yeast. Taste and add sugar or sweetener if needed. At this point you can also add other ground nuts or seeds or protein powder.
- Mix starch into the coconut flour really well and add to the mixture. Mix in really well and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Continue to cook until the mixture becomes stiff and leaves the sides of the pan. The cooking time depends on the moisture in the mango puree.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for half an hour. Shape into balls or press into parchment lined loaf to cut into bars. Roll the balls in shredded coconut. Store on the counter for the day, or refrigerate for upto 5 days.
Add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cardamom or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract at step 2.
Nutritional information based on 1 serving