Jamaican Jerk Black Bean Tacos with Roasted Corn Salsa. 25 minute Tacos with grilled corn, full of flavor. Vegan Soy-free Recipe. Can be gluten-free with gf (corn or other gluten-free) tortillas or lettuce leaves. Pin this post. Jump to Recipe
These super easy Tacos come together within minutes. Drain cans of black beans, add Jamaican jerk spice and onions and cook for a few. Meanwhile roast some corn, shuck and make a bowl of salsa. Assemble, add some avocado and lime juice and serve.
I love to season beans differently with the various seasonings available in the many cuisines from countires and regions. These black beans are seasoned liberally with from scratch jamaican jerk seasoning. You can use premade jamaican jerk blend or other blends like cajun spice etc. Add whatever spices and herbs you have to the beans. Use other beans for variation. Toss in some chopped veggies or summer squash to cook with the beans.
These Summer Tacos are ready within 25 minutes! What are your favorite spice blends or seasoning to use with black beans?
More Tacos from the blog
- Chipotle Garlic Jackfruit Tacos
- Vegan Tinga bowl with Hearts of Palm, Chickpeas, Spanish…
- Pulled Butternut Squash Tacos. Vegan Glutenfree Recipe
- Jackfruit Meatballs Tacos
- 30 oz can black beans or about 3 cups cooked
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp salt depends on if the beans were salted
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ to ¾ tsp cayenne or use habanero
- ¼ to ½ tsp black pepper
- a good dash of cinnamon nutmeg and all spice.
- 1 tsp or more lime juice
- 3 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp sugar or other sweetener
- 1.5 cups of corn kernels or 2 ears of corn
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- salt pepper, cayenne and lime juice to taste
- salt pepper, lime juice
Drain the black beans, wash, drain and set aside. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.. Add onions and cook until translucent. 4 to 5 mins.
- Add the beans, spices, herbs and water and mix well. At this point, you can add in some chopped veggies. Partially cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Taste and adjust salt and heat.
- Grill the ears of corn over a grill or gas flame until grilled to preference. Cut the kernels off the cob and use. Or Add frozen corn kernels to a heavy bottom skillet over high heat. Cook until most of the kernels have browned. Stir occasionally. 6 to 8 minutes
- Add the cooled corn to a bowl with the onions and cilantro. Add salt, pepper, cayenne and a dash of lime to taste. Add chopped tomatoes for variation.
- Heat the tortillas over direct flame to crisp some of the edges. Add a good helping of the black beans, roasted corn salsa, some avocado and a dash of lime. Serve!
With pre-made Jamaican jerk seasoning: Start with 1.5 Tbsp seasoning + 1 tsp garlic instead of all the dry spices. Add lime, water to the beans and simmer for a few( 7 to 8) minutes. Taste and add more seasoning to preference, or add cayenne or herbs to preference. and simmer for another few minutes.
Nutritional values based on one serving