Easy Marbled Golden Pumpkin Chocolate Bread. Layers of Pumpkin Puree + Turmeric + Pumpkin spice, and Chocolate Cake. Vegan Soy-free Recipe.
It is National Pumpkin Day today. Whip up this beautiful and delicious marble Pumpkin Cake. This Pumpkin Chocolate Marbled bread is moist, spiced, amazing, lightly sweet and makes a great breakfast or snack. The wet ingredients are mixed in a bowl, the dry in another bowl and then folded into the wet. The batter is then divided into the 2 bowls. Add cocoa powder to one bowl. Add turmeric to the other or not. Layer as you wish and bake. Top with chocolate chips or a streusel or keep as is and frost later. A Pumpkin spice golden cashew frosting would work beautifully. For GF option, see this GF Pumpkin Bread.
Pumpkin purees can vary depending on the brand or if you make it at home. The bread should work with the consistencies. If the batter is very stiff, add a bit of non dairy milk to adjust
The loaf is basically a Pumpkin and Chocolate Loaf with added turmeric which can be left out. This Golden Pumpkin Chocolate Bread is also a great treat for halloween! The tiger stripes and all.
More fall recipes. What are you baking with Pumpkin today?
- One bowl Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls
- Gluten-free Pumpkin cinnamon Rolls with pumpkin caramel. GF Yeast free
- 1 bowl pumpkin cream cheese muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Turmeric Latte
Make the batter. Divide into bowls and add cocoa and tumeric. Layer in a lined 8.5 by 4.5 inch pan. Top with chocolate chips and bake.
This is a mild sweet bread, so the chocolate or other topping works well. Bake until toothpick from the center comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing.
Store on the counter for the day or refrigerate for upto 4 days. I serve it warm as is, or lightly buttered up.
Use other squash purees like butternut or sweet potao puree for variation.
This recipe is also in my second book Vegan Richa’s Everyday Kitchen shipping Worldwide.
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk i use almond milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp lime juice or lemon
- 1/2 cup raw or other sugar add 2 tbsp more for sweeter esp if using whole grain flours
- 2 cups flour I use 1.5 cups unbleached all purpose + 1/2 cup whole wheat or 1.5 cups white + 1/4 cup whole wheat +1/4 cup almond flour
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 to 3 tsp my pumpkin pie spice or use 1.5 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger and a generous dash of ground clove, all spice, nutmeg
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp water
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl combine all the wet ingredients and mix until the sugar is well combined.
- In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Add to the wet and mix until combined. The batter should be thick a bit like muffin batter. Add more flour if too thin.
- Divide the batter into equal parts in the 2 bowls.
- To one bowl, add turmeric mixed in 1 tsp water and mix in. At this point, you can also fold in some chopped nuts. Skip this step is making no turmeric marble cake.
- To the other bowl, add the cocoa powder, vanilla and water and mix in. At this point, you can also fold in chocolate chips.
- Layer the batters in a loaf pan and even out with a spatula. I put half of one batter and spread it with a spatula, then half of the other batter and so on.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips or nuts on top(optional), or add frosting later.
Bake at 365 deg F / 180ºc for 55 to 60 mins or until a toothpick from the center comes out almost clean. (Depending on the puree, pan and oven, you might have to bake longer). Cool completely before slicing. Store on the counter for the day, refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Use other squash purees like butternut or sweet potato puree for variation.
Nutritional values based on one serving