Crunchy Vegan Asian Salad With Baked Tofu & Garlic Soy Maple Dressing. Vegan Asian Salad. Marinated and Baked Tofu over Crunchy Greens, Peppers, Cucumber and carrots. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe
This salad is perfect for the warm weather. Serve it with warm just baked tofu, or cold prebaked Tofu, plenty of crunchy juicy vegetables and this versatile garlic soy dressing.
This Baked Tofu is easy and a great topper for Salads. Press, Marinate, bake and done. For crispier result, toss the marinated tofu in cornstarch or other starch and bake. The dressing which is the same as the marinade, intensifies the baked tofu flavor and compliments juicy and crunchy veggies really well. Make a big bowl of this Salad for the next Summer Potluck or picnic. Or make wraps with the Baked Tofu, Veggies and finely chopped greens tossed in the dressing!
Simple everyday ingredients and so much flavor. Whats your favorite everyday Quick Summer Salad?
More Salad Bowl from the blog.
- Curried Sweet Potato Lentil Salad GF
- Chopped cucumber Onion tomato Salad- Kachumber Salad GF
- Thai Salad with Chickpea Carrot Peanut Crumble GF
- Firecracker Chickpea Salad with Thai peanut dressing GF
- Mung Bean Sprout, Seared Carrot Salad with chili lime dressing GF
- Southwestern Pasta Black Bean Salad.
If you make this Salad or a version of it, do leave a comment and rate the recipe.
Tofu all baked and delicious.
Assemble the salad with crunchy greens and veggies of choice. Toss in some tofu. Drizzle the dressing and some pepper flakes or black pepper.
Crunchy Vegan Asian Salad With Baked Tofu & Garlic Soy Maple Dressing
Dressing and Marinade:
- 1/4 cup (58 ml) soy sauce or tamari to make it gluten-free
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp or more rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) red pepper flakes less or more to heat preference
- a pinch of salt pepper
- 14 oz (396.89 g) firm tofu
- 3 cups (120 g) chopped crunchy greens such as romaine lettuce, baby spinach, arugula, Chinese cabbage etc
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 cup (128 g) sliced or julienned carrot
- 1 red bell pepper juilenned
- 1 cup (182 g) other veggies thinly sliced or juilenned (optional)
- chopped scallions cilantro or mint for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc. Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press the tofu for atleast 5 minutes in a Tofu press or between paper towels. Cube the tofu and add to the bowl with the dressing. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Then strain the tofu out (slightly strained so there is some dressing but it isn't leaking the dressing everywhere), using a spoon or fork from the bowl and spread evenly on parchment lined sheet. Bake at 400 degrees f / 200ºc For 20 to 25 mins.
- Chop up the veggies and greens and arrange in serving bowls. Add some salt and pepper if using hearty greens or veggies and mix in. Add baked tofu. Thin the remaining dressing in the bowl with 1 tbsp of water and mix in. Dress each serving liberally with the dressing. Drizzle some soy sauce for additional dressing if needed. Add chopped scallions, cilantro or mint. Garnish with pepper flakes (optional). Serve.