Easy 1 Pot No Bake Cherry Blueberry Crisp. Seasonal Berries cooked to a compote and topped with Toasted Crisp Oat crumble. Serve with favorite ice cream. Vegan Berry Crisp Recipe. Can be gluten-free, nut-free.
It has been hitting 90s this past week in the PNW. Who wants to bake in this heat! I made these stove top No Bake crisps the other day and they worked out amazingly. I generally use whichever berries I have on hand. For this post I used cherries and Wild blueberries.
The blueberries add an amazing color and flavor with the tangy cherries. The flavor with the Cherries is like a Black Forest Crisp! Use any seasonal berries of choice. The crisp is Easily made gluten-free with oat flour or other gluten-free flour. You can also bake the mix for 30 to 40 minutes. Easy, Gorgeous and perfect to use up all the fruit.
1 Skillet and 30 Minutes to Berry Bliss.
More berry recipes from the blog
- Blueberry Brownies. so Good.
- Strawberry Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls – These are fun
- Strawberry Ice Cream GF
- Strawberry Cheesecake GF
- Cranberry Blueberry Crumb Bars. – Perfect for snacking
If you make this Berry Crisp, let me know how it turned out in the comments!
Make the Crisp. Transfer to a bowl and use the same skillet to cook the berries.
Simmer the berries to preferred consistency.
Assemble and serve. I served these with So Delicious Oregon Mixed berry Coconut Ice Cream.
No Bake Cherry Blueberry Crisp
- 1/2 cup (40.5 g) oats
- 1/3 cup (41.67 g) flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour (or use more flour)
- 1 tbsp oil , coconut or organic safflower
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- a generous pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg or both
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or light brown sugar or other fine sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- 3.5 to 4 cups (520 to 600 g) of blueberries and cherries or other berry mix
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp arrowsroot starch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp (2 to 3 tbsp) water
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, Add oats and toast for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the flour and mix in and toast for another 2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the almond flour and oil and mix in well and toast for half a minute. Add the salt, spices and sugar and mix in. Take off heat.
- Add maple syrup a tbsp at a time, while still hot, and mix in to make crumbly mixture. Add a tsp more oil or maple to get the texture you prefer. Taste and adjust sweet by adding in some more coconut sugar. Transfer mixture to a bowl
- Combine the ingredients for the berry mixture in the same or different skillet over medium heat. Mix well and cook for 7 to 9 minutes partially covered, or until the berries are tender and the mixture thickens slightly. Taste and adjust sweet and flavor. Add more water if too thick. (This berry mix works equally well with frozen berries. Cook time might increase by a minute or so).
- Immediately transfer the berries to serving bowls. Top with the crisp generously. Add a dollop of vegan ice cream or whipped coconut cream and serve.