Vegan Chocolate Pecan Pie with Dates and Chai spice. All the pecan pie with chocolate. Derby Pie. Glutenfree with gf crust. Vegan Pecan Pie. Soyfree Recipe.
So! Lets get to posts just before the break in all that holiday mood, planning and travels. This Quick Pecan Pie with chocolate chips, loads of pecans, and dates instead of the sugar works out really well for a decadent deseert. Serve with whipped coconut cream (so many whipped coconut toppings in the market this season!), or vanilla ice cream and some vegan caramel.
Pecans get toasted, then tossed with some cinnamon, Dates get blended with non dairy milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and some flour to make the base which is a mix of custard and cookie when baked. Pecans, chocolate chips are mixed in and baked until set. Chill if needed. Make ahead and enjoy it the whole week! 18 more amazing vegan dessert options for Thanksgiving here, pumpkin pies, date caramel pie, crumb cakes, tarts, crisps and more.
I used a gluten-free vegan pie crust from the store for this. Use any pie crust of choice. The cinnamon crust from my Sweet Potato pie bars would work really well. Or use a date almond crust or date pecan crust (pulse 1 cup coconut and 1 cup of pecans until a meal, then pulse with 6 to 8 dates until it starts to stick, shape into crust) to omit refined sugar.
More Desserts for the Holidays
- Chocolate Pumpkin Tart with Almond Crust. GF SF Grain-free.
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie. GF No Bake
- Classic Baked Pumpkin Pie with Rustic Crust. Cashew-free SF
- Dark Chocolate Silk Pie. GF SF
- Sweet potato Pie Bars. GF option
Book price deal currently on Amazon. Get it at 46% off.
Toast the pecans.
Mix the pecans and chocolate chips in the blended date mixture. Ready to bake below
Vegan Chocolate Pecan Pie with Dates and Chai spice. All the pecan pie with chocolate. Vegan Pecan Pie Derby Pie. Glutenfree with gf crust. Soyfree Recipe.
- 1 pie crust regular or graham cracker style or gluten-free
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup pecan halves for topping
- 1/2 tsp oil ,1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp coconut sugar for topping
- 12 large or 14 medium dates soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1 cup non dairy milk (almond or coconut or other)
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup (scant) flour , (use 3 tbsp rice flour and 1 tbsp cornstarch to make gluten-free)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or chai spice (1/2 tsp cardamom, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, a generous pinch of nutmeg, ginger)
- 1 tbsp bourbon optional
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the chopped pecans and pecan halves on a parchment lined baking sheet. Toast the pecans in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes.
To the pecan halves add 1/2 tsp oil (or spray some oil), 1/4 tsp or more cinnamon and 1 tsp coconut sugar, and mix. Set aside.
Drain the dates, then Blend with non dairy milk until well blended. Add all the ingredients through salt and blend again. Pour into prepared crust.
Add toasted chopped pecans and chocolate chips and mix in the date mixture and spread evenly in the crust.
Top with pecan halves. Bake for 35 minutes (a few mins longer for crispier). Cool completely and serve with whipped coconut cream or ice cream. The pie keeps refrigerated for upto 4 days.
Use any of my pie crusts.
Nutrition is 1 of 6 Serves and includes gluten-free pie crust values.